Outstanding Hygienist of the Year:
Purpose: This award is presented to an individual who has contributed outstanding service in the dental hygiene field. This may be done across the state of ND or in their local
2. Length and quality of project that was completed
3. Any offices or promotions achieved
4. Commitment and dedication to the profession
5. Timeliness and creativity developed in the project
6. Collaboration with other professionals
Outstanding Young Professional:
Purpose: This award is presented to recognize an individual that displays enthusiasm and professionalism for the field of dental hygiene.
1. Must have graduated from an accredited college within the past 5 years
2. Must have performed a project that displayed the importance of dental hygiene to their recipients
3. Timeliness and creativity of the project
4. Collaboration with other professionals
Oral Health Hero Award or Dental Hygiene Hero Award or NDDHA Hero Award:
Purpose: This award was established to recognize an individual that has made significant contribution to oral health care in ND.
1. Cannot be a member of the dental profession or any of its auxiliaries
2. Quality of contribution to the state and its citizens
3. Timeliness and creativity of the project.
4. Number of recipients that were impacted by the contribution
5. Advocacy for public access of dental care
Distinguished Service Award or Outstanding NDDHA Award:
Purpose: This award is presented to recognize an individual involved in NDDHA for his/her commitment, dedication, and service to our organization and the field of dental hygiene.
1. Must be a member of ADHA/NDDHA
2. Number of years in service to our organization
3. Quality of project or the number of recipients that benefitted from the project
4. Should not hold a current office on the NDDHA Board of Trustees at the time of appointment
6. Offices held (state, region, national)
7. Dedication and commitment to NDDHA and to the profession of dental hygiene.
8. Collaboration with other professionals